Thursday, January 28, 2016

An Inspirational Woman!

I am in awe of Sister Ward.  She is from Taiwan, but has lived with her husband and three children in Ohio for the past 15 years.
What is remarkable about her is how strong she is in the face of adversity.
She came to Hong Kong this week with her husband, who was to help with the Cantonese translation for the new films.
Although he was undergoing cancer treatments and not in the best of health,  he came to help in this effort.  However, he suddenly passed away Monday before he could begin his part with this project.  He was only 38 and the father of three children who are 11 years of age and younger.

It stands to reason that with Sister Ward becoming a widow this past week in a place away from home and family, that she might be an emotional wreck, and yet that is not the woman I have seen.  She is a strong woman and has kept her emotions private.  She seems so calm and at peace.  Perhaps that is because she has spent much of her time here in the temple as she waits for the arrangements for her husband's body to be shipped back to Taiwan on Friday.
She has attended Endowment sessions and Initiatory ordinances with her sister,Sister Chen every day.
I had the opportunity and privilege to assist them both as they served as proxies for these ordinances.

Sister Ward also speaks English fluently, so I have had a couple of occasions to talk with her briefly.
I don't normally have a problem with my dress clinging to my slip, but today I sure did, and it was Sister Ward who offered some good advice as to how to fix this problem.  An example of her helping someone else in the midst of her own adversity.
It is apparent that she has great faith in the Lord and His plan for her.
I will not forget her example of faith, courage, and service that she has shown many of us this week.
I wish I had a photo of this remarkable woman.

No comments: