Friday, September 18, 2015

This Post Is For You, Dad!

A few days ago,  as we rode away in the shuttle from Harbourfront, we noticed a parked van with Stanger Asia Limited painted on the side.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Stanger is my maiden name, and it is not a common name. 
 So, to see it as the name of a business in Hong Kong really took me by surprise.  
I wanted to tell the driver to stop so I could take a picture, but I knew that was not allowed. 
 He has to stay on schedule, of course.
I could only hope the van was still there when we returned, but I knew that was not likely since it would be several hours before we would be done for the day at the temple.
Sure enough when we returned, the van was gone, and I felt disappointed.
I would just have to settle for telling my Dad about this company in China that shares his name.

But, then this morning we opted to not wait in the long line to catch the shuttle, but rather walked to the train station instead, and am I ever glad we did.
Just outside the back entrance to Harbourfront was an employee
 of Stanger Asia Limited and he was surveying the area.
He was good enough to let us take his photo, but I was so excited, that I forgot to even ask him his name.  I did remember to thank him though, because he made my day.
I consider this one of those 'tender mercies' that seem to come on a daily basis since we have been serving here, and I thank Heavenly Father because I know they come from Him.

So, this is for my Dad!


2 comments:

jeff and alli said...

How fun! I don't know why but it is fun to see your name somewhere.

Jon, Kristin, and the kiddos said...

So cool! What a surprise... twice!