Saturday, July 18, 2015

Today In The Baptistry!

Where was my camera when I needed it?  We had a small group of outstanding individuals come to the Baptistry today, and I would have loved to have gotten their photo before they left.

A couple from Nevada who are the parents of, 9 children, are here in Hong Kong to adopt a child.  I failed to get their names, which I could kick myself for, but this good sister told me they began the adoption process 9 years ago, and after two previous disappointments, they are finally getting a little girl. These are special people who have already raised their children and yet want to give this little girl, who has some special needs, their love and a home.  They had a desire to spend time in the temple before they see this special little girl for the first time.

The rest of the group were young adults from Arizona and Utah, who have been in mainland China for a few weeks, and wanted to come to the temple before continuing on their journey.  The group included:  Daniel Whitlock, Amber Ricks, Logan Brown, Walker Wright, Elliott Bliss, Sierra Willis, Alyssa Bailey, and Megan Taylor.
They are here with the organization, Impact Exchanges, which is a non-profit organization where people volunteer to spend a few weeks teaching English throughout China.  They are teaching people of all ages.
Daniel Whitlock and his mom started this organization in 2011, which provides a great opportunity to tour China while giving service.  I would have liked to have had more time to visit with them about their experiences.

I was impressed with each of these remarkable individuals, and their examples of giving of their time and service to others, whether it be to provide love and a home for a child in need, or to teach a language to provide greater opportunities, or to perform the sacred ordinances in the temple for those who can't for themselves.

I am so glad I got to spend time in the baptistry while they were here.  It made for a great way to end our Saturday at the temple.


No comments: