Sunday, July 5, 2015

Izabela Returned!

We were thrilled to see Izabela come to Sacrament Meeting today.  We would have liked for her to sit with us, but she chose to sit in the back instead.  Today was to be a day of bearing testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel, but instead there were few testimonies shared.   Unfortunately, mostly stories were told, some even depressing which didn't invite the Holy Ghost.  I was disappointed because I had so hoped Izabela would hear messages that would help her feel the Spirit. She slipped out immediately after the benediction, and I could not catch her before she reached the elevator.  I had the feeling she didn't want to talk.  I should have gone back to sit with her or invited her to come up with us.  I could kick myself for not doing so.
I sent her an e-mail asking how she is adjusting to living in Hong Kong.  I told her it was good to see her today, and I felt bad that I didn't get to talk with her before she left.  But, I hoped she would come again, and I would enjoy hearing from her.

So far, I haven't heard back from her, and sadly, thats not a good sign.

No comments: