Saturday, July 18, 2015

A NEW EXPERIENCE AND A BLESSING!

Today I experienced something that I haven't before.  I assisted our Temple Matron, Sister Wong as a patron in the temple, serving as proxy for her own ancestors in the sacred work that is necessary for them to receive eternal blessings.  The Spirit was certainly felt.
Sister Wong graciously thanked me after each ordinance was completed, something I often fail to do.  I am learning from her example of humility, gratitude, and love.

In the past three months, I have had two other occasions to perform ordinances side by side with Sister Yuen and Sister Hui, the Assistants to the Matron, as well.  I have thought to myself, this would not happen in the Boise Temple, or at least it is highly unlikely.  But, what a blessing it is, and how grateful I am for these 'tender mercies'.

These moments make me even more thankful to be serving in the Hong Kong Temple.

No comments: