Monday, February 1, 2016

Our First and Most Likely Only Anniversary In Hong Kong!

I have been telling Elder Bodily for quite a few years now, that I don't expect him to continue sending me a rose for every year we have been married.  One rose would reassure me that he loves me.
But, he doesn't listen!
These were delivered on the 30th with the stems wrapped in several large leaves.
I should say they were delivered to the lobby.   Since my husband was running an errand for me when they arrived, I got to go to the lobby to pick them up.  May I just say that a glass vase filled with 41 roses and greenery is slightly heavy.
But, I didn't mind carrying them since they are a gift from the #1 man in my life.
Roses and diamond earrings!
I'm married to a romantic, and I'm a lucky girl.
He got a lemon pie from me, and a rather short, but original poem.
We waited until Monday to celebrate, and to reminisce our last five decades together.
 This was the view from our table at Grisinis in the Hyatt Grand Hotel on Hong Kong Island.
We were served the longest breadsticks we have had,
 and our appetizers were shrimp w/mushrooms and scallops w/green apple.
 Succulent Filet Mignon and the best Lobster Elder Bodily has had.
Dessert was grilled pineapple and mango stuffed ravioli with caramel.
  Loved the presentation, loved the flavors even more.
We were impressed with the food, the atmosphere, and the service.
Especially when our server brought us dessert accompanied with a white chocolate plaque which had
'Happy 41st Anniversary' written in dark chocolate.
Our waiter took a photo of us as we were finishing,
 and then he gave it to us in a frame when he brought the bill.
OH YES, THE BILL!
 We knew we would have to fork out a little more for this celebration dinner than normal, since we are in Hong Kong,
 but what we didn't expect was to be charged $98HK for
 NOT ordering any alcoholic beverages, and another $98HK for a bottle of water.
That seemed a bit steep and ridiculous.
As it turns out, this dinner broke last year's record for spending the most we ever have for an anniversary dinner.
However, we only celebrate our anniversary once a year, and we don't expect to be celebrating another one in this international city.
So, it will be a memorable, and we won't fret about it.
Our plaque, photo, and the cookies Grisinis threw in as a bonus.
Thanks for making this a special anniversary for us, my dear, my best friend, my eternal husband.

It was 41 years ago that we entered the Logan Temple around 6:00am to prepare to be married.
It was a cold winter's day, but so much warmth was felt by the Spirit inside the House of the Lord.
President Frederick Gregersen was our sealer who performed the sacred ordinance that bound us together for time and all eternity. 

Thank you, Elder Bodily for making the last 41 years happy and good ones for me.

2 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

I agree that you get to go all out, especially when it's not too often you get to celebrate in HK :)
The couple looks great, the view looks great, and the food looks great!

Elder and Sister Bodily said...

Thanks for the compliment!