Friday, May 1, 2015

I want to tell you about my day in the Hong Kong temple today. The problem is, I don’t know how to express it in words, I just don’t know the right words, but I will do the best I can.
      Today was a ‘mandatory holiday’ in Hong Kong, I am not sure what that really means but I do know that the temple workers knew to have everybody scheduled from 6:30 am - 1:00 pm because they knew all these wonderful sweet sisters who normally have to work would show up at the temple as soon as they got a day off. And show up they did.
      I was privileged to be able to receive at the veil for three overly filled sessions that was 90% women. Today we had a group from Mongolian, Thailand and the sisters from the branches here in Hong Kong, who are from the Philippines. 
     These women do not get to come often, a lot know very little or no English, and I know no Tai, Mongolian, Tagalog (spelling? whatever the Philippine women speak, they really don’t know what to say, but they have a desire more than anyone I have ever seen. 
     This one sweet little bitty sister, not even close to five feet tall, worked so hard to get through the veil, and when she did she just kept saying, “I made it, I made it, I finally made it.” It was so cool to witness and be part of.
     As I was bringing these sweet women through the veil the spirit was so strong I couldn’t hardly get the words out, I was crying, they were crying, the ordinance worker on the other side of the veil was crying, it was just incredible. 
     I was drained from the spirit, it reminded me of when Joseph Smith made a comment to whoever was with him after a vision and the other guy was just drained from energy and Joseph said, something like, “it drains you doesn’t it, but it get easier as you go”. 
     On my way away from the veil Sister Wilson, another sister senior temple missionary who is on her second mission at this temple, ask me how my day at the temple was so far today, I just lost it, I was crying like a baby. I couldn’t even get words out  to say how wonderful it was. I have never felt like that before. It truly was one of the most spiritual special experiences of my life. I wish I could adequately explain how I felt, but I just don’t know how. 
     So I just hope you know that I am feeling extremely honored, humbled and blessed to be here serving in this special one of a kind temple. It is special. 
     The church is true. It is Jesus Christ’s church, and He is in control and will get His work done, in spite of all the weaknesses of people like myself. We do have living prophets now, today, here on the earth that can and do tell us what we need to know to be able to accomplish our goal on the earth. 
WOW, WHAT A DAY!
          Elder Bodily 

2 comments:

Russ and Mary said...

I am so glad your temple experience is so enriching. Nauvoo is beautiful, too. Unfortunately (at least I think it's unfortunate), Russ is needed too much as an engineer so will be unable to do any ordinance work until the 6-month missionaries all leave in the fall. We are trying to keep up a blog, too-
www.russandmary.blogspot.com
How were you able to get the photo inside the temple?

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

We got the picture from the church website.