Sunday, May 31, 2015

Elder William's Message


Our branch had an unexpected visit from Elder Gerrit W. Gong, and Elder Robert William.  Elder Gong is a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy, and is the Asia Area President.  Elder William is an Area Seventy.  You wouldn't know it from his name, but Elder William is from India.
 He spoke briefly at the end of our Sacrament meeting.  What stuck with me the most was the saying that he shared, which is well-known in his country.  He said it first in his native language, and then in English. "A mother will feel more joy to hear that her children live righteous lives, than she felt the day they were born".  This made me think of one of my favorite scriptures found in 3 John 1:4 - 'I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth'.  I suppose knowing that all of my children are keeping the covenants they have made, means everything, and brings me more joy than what I felt the day they were each born, which of course, brought a lot of happiness to my heart.

No comments: