Thursday, September 8, 2016

A First, And Hopefully The Last!

This is just a quick mention that I did something today I didn't expect to ever do.

When I woke up this morning, I knew a special session for the Asia Mission Presidents and their wives would take place today at 1:30.  This occurs twice a year, and I was looking forward to it, because they bring a special feeling to the temple.
What I wasn't expecting was to walk into Preparation Meeting and be asked to lead the music for our opening hymn.  I've let it be known that I have not done that before, other than for our own FHE, and would not be comfortable doing so.  But since we were few in numbers this morning, Brother Lam was desperate, and there wasn't anyone else able or willing.  After some coaxing from Sisters Chow and Law, I worked up enough courage to give it a try.  Amazingly, I managed to stay in rhythm, and on top of it, sang at the same time using my Cantonese Hymn Book.  There is no way I could have done this without some help from above, of which I am thankful.  But, I'm really hoping this is a once in a lifetime experience.

2 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Mom, I had no idea you were uncomfortable leading the music...especially since you have musical talent. That's how I feel about praying in public, praying is one of my favorite things, but for some reason, it makes me uncomfortable to be praying in front of a group, and I opt out ;-)

Elder and Sister Bodily said...

We all have our weaknesses. Hopefully, we overcome them and become stronger.