Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Father's Blessing!

We stopped in Jerome to visit with Grandpa Stanger and Joyce for awhile before continuing on our way.  It was nice to listen to him talk of our time together, and to have him share his memories of when I was born and my childhood.
He mentioned some things that were new to me, which I appreciated.
 Before we left, Grandpa gave me a Father's Blessing.
He blessed me with safety as we traveled on.  He blessed me to draw people to me and to be a bright influence on others.  He mentioned that I am a choice daughter of our Heavenly Father.
To my knowledge this is the second blessing I have received at the hands of my father.
I am grateful that he is worthy to use the priesthood he holds to do so.
This Father's Blessing meant a lot to me.
We look forward to seeing him again in 18 months.

No comments: